Dry Eye Live Talks
SECOND EUDES LIVE TALK VIEW REPLAY
April 29, 2021, from 7:00 to 8:00PM (UTC +2)
Meibomian Gland Dysfunction - Current Advances in Pathogenesis, Diagnosis and Treatment of MGD
Chairman Gerd Geerling
Moderator Christophe Baudouin
- Pathophysiology of MGD: Is it all ocular rosacea? - Jesus Merayo (Spain)
- A comprehensive approach to MGD diagnosis - Pasquale Aragona (Italy)
- Standard treatments for MGD: Substituting lipids and beyond - Kostas Boboridis (Greece)
- Machine-based treatment for MGD – Is it worth it? Gerd Geerling (Germany)
Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) is not only extremely frequent and the most common causative factor in the pathogenesis of Dry Eye. While it is often associated with dermatological disorders it can also be of iatrogenic nature. In the past 10 years since publication of a unified definition the scientific interest in MGD has increased substantially leading to a better understanding of its pathophysiology and management. In recent years many innovations for the diagnosis as well as treatment of MGD have become available. The objectives of this webinar are to share state of the art knowledge on the complex mechanisms in the development of MGD and to inform the audience on standards and advances in diagnostic tools and therapeutic approaches.
First Webinar of the European Dry Eye Society VIEW REPLAY
February 11, 2021 from 7:00 to 8:00PM (UTC +1)
Dry Eye Disease, from the new concepts to clinical practice
- The vicious cycles of DED, Pr. Christophe BAUDOUIN (Paris)
- The impact of evaporation in DED and ocular surface diseases, Pr. Maurizio ROLANDO (Genova)
- Inflammation and inflammatory markers in DED, Pr. Elisabeth MESSMER (Munich)
- Treating inflammation in DED, Pr. Jose Manuel BENITEZ DEL CASTILLO (Madrid)
Dry eye is a complex disease where all different components of the ocular surface develop complex interactions leading to impaired regulatory and defense mechanisms. Hyperosmotic stress, inflammation, neurogenic stimulation, tissue damage are interdependent in a self-stimulated way, together with extraocular influence of the immune system, the trigeminal pathway and probably the microbiome. The objectives of this webinar are to share recent knowledge on these complex mechanisms, to emphasize the role of chronic inflammation in the development of dry eye, to inform the audience on current research on disease biomarkers, both on clinical and biological sides, and give an overview on anti-inflammatory strategies, susceptible of helping ophthalmologists to alleviate symptoms and patient to get out of the vicious cycles of dry eye disease.
Replay is available on dryeye-livetalks.com
SAVE THE DATE : QUANTEL MEDICAL E-SYMPOSIUM ACCESS THE SYMPOSIUM
September 30th, 2021 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm (GMT +2)
"Working together to manage a complicated dry eye patient"
Moderator: Marc LABETOULLE (France)
- Dry eye and skin diseases: When Ophthalmologist and Dermatologist can assist each other - Jacobi ARND (Germany) & Elisabeth MESSMER (Germany)
- Dry eye & Sjögren, & other autoimmune diseases: When Ophthalmologist & Rheumatologist can assist each other - Pr Messmer
- Dry eye & chronic allergies: When Ophthalmologist and Dermatologist can assist each other - Jeremy GOTTLIEB (France) & Marc LABETOULLE (France)
GSK Experts Talk VIEW REPLAY
June 15, 2021, from 6:30 to 7:00PM (UTC+2)
- Corneal adverse events with ADC in oncology : State of the art and practical considerations
- Overview of corneal adverse events - Pr Messmer
- Clinical case and practical considerations - Pr Labetoulle
The Talks are for members only.
Become a member ! Membership is free of charge.